Away Day Guide – Blackpool
Marco Silva’s side return to Championship action after the international break with one of the most eagerly anticipated away trips of the season. Here’s the Fulham Supporters’ Trust Away Day Guide.
Tickets for this fixture are priced at
- £23 for adults
- £19 for supporters aged 65 and over
- £9 for under 18s
- £5 for under 12s
TRAVELLING TO BLOOMFIELD ROAD
Exit the M6 at Junction 32 and follow the M55 to Blackpool. Head onto the A5230 and then Yeadon Way towards Blackpool town centre. Follow the signs to the ground, with Seasiders Way appearing on the right hand side.
There’s a massive pay and display car park on the left, which stretches all the way from near the Blackpool South station up to the ground (£3.50 for three hours; £6 for up to six hours). Alternatively, the nearby St Cuthberts Church Car Park in Lytham Road offers forty pay and display parking spaces (£3 for three hours, £4 for five hours, or £7 for all day). It is about five minutes’ walk from the ground.
Blackpool South station is about a ten minute walk away from the ground. A limited number of trains stop here, with most calling at Blackpool North instead. Blackpool North is approximately two miles away – which may make a taxi a necessity. A cheaper alternative might be the number 11 bus, available every fifteen minutes from the bus station across the road. Fans should get off at the Old Bridge House pub (now known as the Bridge) and walk down Lonsdale Road to the ground.
Coaches will leave Motspur Park and Craven Cottage at 7.15am.
Coach tickets are priced at £30 for adult season ticket holders and £20 for junior season ticket holders. Other supporters will pay £35 for adults and £25 for juniors.
- The aforementioned Bridge (124 Lytham Road, Blackpool, FY1 6DZ) has historically afforded Fulham fans a warm welcome and is a well-established away pub.
- The Manchester (231-233 Promenade, Blackpool, FY1 6AH) has contacted the Trust to invite Fulham fans to visit and has a beautiful seafront spot as well as TV screens showing live sport.
- The Albert (215 Lytham Road, Blackpool, FY1 6ET) happily welcomes a mixture of home and away fans and screens a wide selection of live sport.
- The Waterloo (Waterloo Road, Blackpool, FY4 2AF) is a highly-recommended family friendly option that offers live music in the evenings.
- The Bloomfield Brewhouse (47 Ansdell Road, Blackpool, FY1 6PW) offers a wide array of real ale and a selection from their own microbrewery.
- The popular Wetherspoons option is The Velvet Coaster (501-507 Promenade, Blackpool, FY4 1BA) on the pleasure beach.
There is a large number of other pubs in Blackpool town centre that will happily welcome visiting football fans. Alcohol is available at Bloomfield Road, including lager, bitter and cider (all £3.20 a pint), bottled lager (£3) and wine (red, white, rose, 187ml bottle £3)